- This is a (Facsimile) machine that can send or receive pictures & text over a telephone line.
- It’s a Tele copying device that electronically transmits written or graphic material over telephone lines to produce “hard copy” at the other end.
- The Fax digitizes an image by dividing it into a grid of notes (bit map) which can be transmitted like normal computer data.
Main Features of a Fax Machine
- Scanner – For digitizing images on paper.
- Printer – For printing the fax messages.
- Copier – For duplicating messages
- Paper – Providing a printing relay
- Paper Feeder & Cutter – For feeding & cutting paper respectively.
- Auto-dialing – to send document at future date (when rates are down)