Mobile Application Terms & Conditions
The following terms represent the Msente Mobile Money Service Agreement between you and Uganda Telecom Limited (UTL).
I confirm that I have read, understand, and hereby agree to the following terms before using the Msente Mobile Money Service (Msente Services):
- UTL reserves the right to reject my application without assigning any reason.
- UTL further reserves the right to retain any application forms and all documents/proof of identity provided including photographs.
- Rules and regulations applicable to UTL and to mobile money services in Uganda shall apply in the same manner or with necessary alterations to transactions executed through Msente.
- M-sente services shall not be claimed as a right. Any dispute arising out of this order shall be referred to arbitration in accordance with the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, Chapter 4, before a single arbitrator appointed by both parties. The place of arbitration shall be Kampala and each party shall bear its own costs incurred during the arbitration process.
- UTL reserves the right to modify Msente services offered or the Terms of service herein.
- UTL makes no warranty of any kind, direct or implied, including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, in connection with the Msente service provided to me under this Agreement. UTL does not warrant that the Msente service will operate without errors, or that any or all Msente service will be available and operational at all times, except as specifically provided in this Agreement, or otherwise required by law.
- UTL’s Directors, employees, Agents or contractors shall not liable for any indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages by reason of my use of or access to the products provided under this Agreement or Msente service, including loss of profits, revenue, data or use by myself or any third party, whether in an action in contract or tort.
- With out prejudice to clause 7 above, in no event shall the liability of UTL or its affiliates exceed actual loss arising out of use of the Msente service.
- I hereby indemnify and hold UTL harmless in respect of any instruction originating from my device, even if the instruction is sent in error or under mistaken identity.
- I warrant that I have the capacity to enter into and be bound by this Agreement. (Any person that enters into this Agreement below the age of 18 years must be assisted by their legal guardian or parents.)
- UTL may terminate my access to Msente Services where there is any breach of the terms and conditions herein .
- UTL may amend these terms at any time without notice except as may be required by law. Use of the Msente Services after the effective date of an amendment shall be deemed to be an acceptance of such amendment. Such variation shall then be deemed to have been incorporated in this Agreement at the date of my acceptance of these terms
- It is your responsibility to protect your device against viruses when using or accessing Msente Services. UTL shall not be liable for any virus (es) that you may encounter.
- UTL requires customers to register for the Msente Services upon which a PIN (Personal Identification Number) shall be issued to access the services in addition to using a secure Internet provider. Customers who have existing accounts may only obtain a Customer PIN.
- Upon being issued with a PIN, the customer shall observe the following guidelines to guard against fraud.
- It is your responsibility to keep your PIN secret and confidential at all times.
Do not give out your account information and PIN to another person (including a UTL employee) or allow that other person to access the Msente Services or transact on your behalf..
- Never send privileged account information such as your mobile number or PIN via the e-mail system
- Never leave your mobile device unattended while accessing the Msente Services
- Do not to send UTL or request for sensitive information such as account numbers, PIN, financial information via any general or other SMS system. You may contact UTL electronically via SMS using a UTL mobile number or using the mail facility forms provided on UTL’s website. You may use the secure form for emails concerning the following types of inquiries:
- Electronic Funds Transfer Error Resolution.
- Reporting Unauthorized Transactions.
- Contacting UTL about other concerns of a confidential nature.
- Do not share your PIN with any UTL employee whether via the Internet or any other mode of communication. Do not respond to any request for your PIN even if the individual claims to represent UTL.
- Report any unauthorized transaction that has been or may be conducted from your deposit account without your permission, call customer service by dialing 100 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Msente Services shall be accessible all twenty-four hours seven days a week, all year round.
- Report any error or question about any bill payment service transaction or other electronic transfer initiated from your deposit account(s) under the Msente Services to UTL through the Contact customer service by dialing 100.
- UTL and its affiliates or service providers may on a regular basis perform maintenance on the equipment or system upgrades, which may result into interrupted service or errors in the Service. UTL also may need to change the scope of Services from time to time. UTL will endeavor to give prior notice of such interruptions and changes.
- The content and all information concerning this Mobile Money Application is and shall remain the property of UTL. It shall not be duplicated, or copied by any means.
- UTL reserves the right to block access to Msente Services to maintain or restore security of our systems, if we reasonably believe your access codes/ PIN have been or may be obtained or are being used or may be used by an unauthorized person(s).
- If any part of this agreement is found to be illegal or unenforceable the remaining provisions of this agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
- The customer shall pay to UTL the fees and charges determined by UTL as may be varied from time to time. All fees and charges shall be as per Msente tariff guide published on UTL website utl.co.ug
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Uganda.