We have made SIM card registration easier. Download a registration form from our website, fill it out bring it to any of our countrywide Service Centres along with a copy of your National Identity Card and Passport size photo.
You can also send a clear picture of your National Identity Card with your phone number clearly written on it, to us on WhatsApp – 0717700700.
It’s that simple, register your SIM card and avoid disconnection.
Follow the these steps;
- Download the SIM Registration form;
- Fill it out.
- Attach your most recent passport size photograph and National ID.
- Bring it to any of our Service Centres; Or send a clear copy of both sides of your National ID to our WhatsApp number – 0717700700.
- OR dial *197# to send your NATIONAL ID NUMBER (NIN) e.g. CM123456789101. Then enter your SURNAME and GIVEN NAME found on your national ID.
The only acceptable identification documents are;
- National Identity Card for Ugandans.
- Passport for foreign nationals
- Registration documents from the office of the Prime Minister for Refugees.
For companies/corporate institutions the following are required
- A formal letter on official company letter head, indicating all the phone lines, signed by an authorized signatory of the company, e.g. Managing Director, Chief Executive Officer, or Chief Human Resources Officer. (The letter should be addressed to Head of Customer Service, Uganda Telecom Ltd)
- A copy of Certificate of Registration/incorporation
- A copy of memorandum of Association/understanding (MOU/MOA)
Please ensure that the quality of the photocopy or scanned copies is not blurry, faded, too light or dark. This way, we can easily identify the real owner of the line(s) when verifying the documents.
To check your registration status, dial *197# and follow prompts