Roaming allows you to use your SIM card on another network when you travel. With your SIM, you can log onto any foreign network with which UTL has a roaming agreement.
NOTE: The roaming facility is automatic for Prepaid customers but Postpaid customers need to apply for the service. It is also advisable to have enough credit on the phone when roaming.
- Calls within in East Africa can be made at the normal rate
- International dialing format has to be applied when calling back home (Uganda) and other international destinations e.g. +256 71XXXXXXX
- National dialing format can be used when calling a local number in the country you are roaming in e.g. when roaming in Kenya you can call a Safaricom number as 072XXXXXXX instead of the international format of +25472XXXXXXX
- Receiving incoming calls from within East Africa is free of charge
- Receiving SMS is also free of charge
- Calls from other countries are charged as an international call
International Data Roaming
We have started Data/GPRS roaming to some countries which will also provide Data roaming for BlackBerry customers.
We are in the process of signing data roaming agreements with other network operators.