- This is a (Facsimile) machine that can send or receive pictures & text over a telephone line.
- It’s a Tele copying device that electronically transmits written or graphic material over telephone lines to produce “hard copy” at the other end.
- The Fax digitizes an image by dividing it into a grid of notes (bit map) which can be transmitted like normal computer data.
Main Features of a Fax Machine
- Scanner – For digitizing images on paper.
- Printer – For printing the fax messages.
- Copier – For duplicating messages
- Paper – Providing a printing relay
- Paper Feeder & Cutter – For feeding & cutting paper respectively.
- Auto-dialing – to send document at future date (when rates are down)
How To Get The Service
- You must have the Uganda telecom line either classic landline or telesaver (prepaid) or a CDMA terminal
- For an existing line, you pay 30,000 for fax configuration.
- For the new connections- landline you pay 120,000 (without the equipment)
Uganda Telecom, cutting across all our customer Business Needs
Place an order…
Sending a Fax Message
- Make sure fax machine and telephone are well set
- Write/copy message on right paper size
- Connect/enter paper into Feeder
- Enter destination number
- Wait for creaking sound/fax tone (fax Handshake)
- Wait for confirmation message