Chief Legal Counsel
Role to be based in Kampala – Uganda.
To provide effective legal services for creation and delivery of commercial value.
The successful candidate(s) will demonstrate:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and deliver under constricted timelines.
- Ability to work with teams to achieve any target or objective.
- Proficiency in the English Language
- Computer literacy specifically in Microsoft Office Applications
Applicants must have:
We are looking for a highly motivated, results oriented, flexible and committed person who has an exceptional work ethic. Also required: –
- Bachelor of Laws Degree
- Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- Valid Practicing Certificate for the last 3 years
- Experience as a practicing Advocate for at least 3 years
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Legal Officer is responsible for:
- Providing effective legal advisory services.
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing contracts and other legal instruments to which UTL is party to.
- Resolving contractual disputes.
- Prosecuting and defending the company in courts of law, tribunals or other quasi-judicial authorities.
- Negotiating and settling disputes out of court.
- Compiling, keeping proper custody and maintaining registers of contracts and other legal documents.
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by your supervisor from time to time.
Applications from suitably qualified candidates should be submitted to:
The Head Human Resources and Administration
Uganda Telecom Limited
Human Resources & Administration – 3rd Floor
P.O Box 7171, Kampala
Closing Date: 14th February, 2020 at 17:00hrs
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.