What is a domain?
A domain is a group of computer resources under the same management.
Why we need domains:
- Your domain name is how the world will think of you and your business. It’s part of your brand and your marketing plan.
- It enables you to host web sites
- Its enables you to host emails
- Enables you create virtual private networks……..etc
- VPN is a private network that uses a public network (usually the Internet) to connect remote sites or users together.
- Creating a firm and credible branding of your company name against the rest is crucial.
- Customizing your website design freely and making it a stand out. Not forgetting enhancing its search engine optimization using simple methods or rules of thumb is more applicable to your own domain as compared to free website services.
- Free web services can change their rules or shut down their service at any point of time. But having your own domain and website, you are ensured that you owned what you paid for.
Examples of domains:
- xxxx.com, utl.co.ug, yyyyy.gov, gggg.co.ug